Search My Blog

Tuesday 24 September 2013

This Weeks Post

Hello chums, I thought I'd tell you what I've got in the post this past week. Did any of you watch Blackout? It was a drama documentary about different families during a terror attack on the electricity grid which I thought was rather good but of course you know I like prepping and I decided that a blackout is rather plausible after watching the show about it. 

And so I decided to order one of these to keep stashed away for a rainy day, it was only £26 with delivery and it filters up to 99.99% of all harmful substances out of any water apart from sea water. And it's good to filter at least 1000 litres of water. So you can just drink from a muddy puddle (should you so wish) or a river and not have to fear getting dysentery or something rank. Also 1000 litres is a lot, if you drank 8 cups of water every day through the straw it'd last you 3 years. I read they give these straws out in a lot of developing countries with unclean drinking water. 


I also decided to get a wind up/solar panel am/fm radio which was about £18.

 

I have a wind up torch already but I thought it might be useful in case I need to hear emergency government broadcasts or, more likely, if I get a bit bored and fancy a dance to some music. It's quite fun to play with at any rate. I don't think the solar charge would be so great unless you had it in the direct sunlight for hours.


Next thing I think to make is a first aid kit (which every house should have anyway).
 Oh lastly, look what the lovely HMRC sent me in the post to repay the tax I've over paid, a big fat cheque. Why thank you so much HMRC. 


No comments:

Post a Comment