Search My Blog

Thursday 17 January 2013

New Skills

I did my first aseptic wound dressing today which was handy cuz earlier in the week I had a skills lab on aseptic non touch technique - this means everything has to be sterile, no touching the wound with my grubby mitts, sterile trolley, wound pack, gauze waterproof dressings, saline solution to clean and it turned out lovely. 



I also did my my first ECG where you monitor the persons heart and attached little sticky pads across the patient and attach them up to leads on the ECG machine - two problems with this. If it's a lady her boobs are sort of in the way, if it's a guy when you take the pads off his chest gets a free part wax... oops!


Luckily my patients were lovely and I didn't make any mistakes!

1 comment:

  1. Bras are a pain in the bottom when doing an ECG. I do love the feeling when you look at a nice clean and well dressed wound.

    ReplyDelete