Search My Blog

Friday 27 January 2012

A Visit To My Neighbours

The boyfriend, pussycat and I are neighbours to the local Catholic Cathedral, and when I say neighbours, I mean this is a photo I took with my back against our front door


Which is very nice and scenic, and so the other day I thought I'd go and visit as we've lived in our home nearly a year and I've never been! My favourite thing was the doors...



The windows were pretty too but they didn't look really really old, in fact the cathedral wasn't really that old in the scheme of things, it was just designed to look old





Some of the decorations I found a little bit strange not being Catholic




But the thing I would find most off putting if I worshipped there was the massive crucifix...




The font was nice, and the treasure (I'm sure there's a more technical term than treasure but there we are!)





All in all, well worth a quick trip

I found this photo funny though...



Our house must have been pretty close (or maybe was) bombed in the war!

No comments:

Post a Comment