Search My Blog

Wednesday 29 October 2014

Scaresville 2014

It's Halloween soon... and for my annual Halloween activity some nursing friends and I went to Scaresville, driven by the very capable Jo. You might remember I went last year with my lovely chum Kiran and her work mates. 


The unfair ground was smaller than last year but we all got dinner there (mm hot dogs), measured our heights (haha, Nancy's a hobbit) and waited for our ticket numbers to be called. 


And then we entered the queue to go to the stables, where there was a video before entering... the scare zone (it was really called that!). 


The horror trail took us an hour and a half to get through, winding through out buildings, a hedge maze, woodland, farm fields, over bridges and into tents - all in darkness! I laughed so hard. 


Here's what my camera could see... (nothing basically). The tickets were just over £20 but it was really worth it, it felt like it took a really long time with all sorts of scares from clowns to people with chain saws, masks, hazmat suits... you name it. I did notice there were less scarers than last year but I think the scarers are volunteers so I suppose that can't be helped and it probably varies night to night. 


And then like last year you escaped the scare zone into the bar, sadly it was without the screen so you could watch other people getting scared but luckily it was still serving hot spiced apple so I forgave them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment