Search My Blog

Friday 31 October 2014

Pumpkin Attempt 2014

I like to try and carve a pumpkin every year for Halloween so trick or treaters know they can come to my house for sweets. 


I usually go for a face but I thought this year I'd up the stakes and so I googled a template. 


Drew it on in gel pen and then set about gutting out the pumpkin. 


Barclay the cat wasn't loving the smell.


Then I set to work carving with a smaller knife. You know I should really get one of those kits with the special tools in... never mind,


Cat pumpkin is now in pride of place with a candle in to welcome children to my house (sounds sinister doesn't it!?). 


Also, on another note, I got carried away with the Christmas things in Marks and Spencer and so I bought a pack of dried mulled wine berries and cinnamon and stuff. Only I don't like red wine so I've put it in apple juice to make hot spiced apple. Yum! Hurrah for Autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment