Search My Blog

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Training Time

Next week and the one after I'm off work to train for bank work as a HCA during my degree and I just got through the timetable!

All very exciting, here's what I've got to look forward to:

Introduction
Course Objectives & Basic Skills
HCA Role
Hospital layout (obviously I'll get lost!)
Who’s Who
Confidentiality
Numeracy & Hospital orientation Quiz
Equality & Diversity, Essence of Care
Security Issues
Resuscitation
Fire Lecture (I'm a trained fire warden I'll have you know!)
Uniforms (lucky me)
Manual Handling (oof!)
Obs  Training
ID badge (again, lucky me)
Fluids (sounds ominous....)
Health & Safety
Infection Control & Hand Hygiene
Observation Practice
Essential Care Skills hygiene, dignity, bed space layout
Last Offices
Handover & Oxygen Therapy
Theatre Prep, Blood transfusion issues
Ward Prep (same sex policy) & Ward Induction Visit
Ward placement (when they let me loose amongst the public!)
Abbreviations
Feedback
Fluid balance & Quiz
Urinalysis (lovely)
Accountability
Role of the Chaplain
Slips, Trips & Falls
Confidentiality
Information Governance and Health Records Awareness
Vulnerable Adults
Child Protection (stay back!)
Feeding Patients (nom nom)
Ward Feedback & Oral Health
Infection Prevention & Cleaning
Observation assessment
Malnutrition & Nutritional Screening - Dietetics
Patient Safety Awareness
Customer Care
Dignity
Patient Experience
PALS
Communication
Pressure area care
Property
Bereavement
Dementia & Quiz
Feedback
Review Programme & Objectives
HCA role
Appraisal & Competencies booklet
Sign up & booking shifts
I think it's safe to say I'll be rather tired out!



No comments:

Post a Comment